Sunday, January 4, 2009

Last Day

Well this is the last day of winter break and I am really not looking forward to going back to school on Monday. I woke up at 6:30 this morning because I am re-adjusting to school life so I won't be a dead-beat zombie tomorrow. I was thinking, while I sipped my delicious Simply Lemonade around 7 o'clock, that music has such an amazing influence on our decisions in life. I am completely aware that I personally listen to music pretty much 24/7 - except of course at school and when people are talking to me - but I think that if humans hadn't created music however long ago that they did, I think the world would be a much less wonderful place. Think of the blind people who can not see beauty, but if they listen to music, it is such a pleasure. That is why I enjoy web sites that allow you to listen to free music such as Pandora.com! Anyways, going to my ever favorite Wikipedia to find out about things, I learned that "the development of music among humans must have taken place against the backdrop of natural sounds such as birdsong and the sounds other animals use to communicate." But that is Mr. Wikipedia's assumption seeing that he said "must". Also, apparently flutes were some of the first instruments. Isn't that fascinating?

Are we human?
Or are we dancer?
My sign is vital
My hands are cold
And I'm on my knees
Looking for the answer
Are we human?
Or are we dancer? - The Killers "Human" <-- Listen to this song <3

No comments:

Post a Comment